Heisuke is such an adorable character like ugh i just cant
god i failed so hard it doesnt even look like him he looks to old aaahh cry
Another ‘old’ fanart I drew some time ago. I don’t know but… I really love to draw Souji.
(Drawn with colored pencils.)
Share the moe-ness of Kazuki Yone sensei! :D
Kazuki Yone is on twitter off and on. She tweets about personal life mostly, only occasionally about work. She also retweets news about games, CDs, DVDs, and books that she participated in.
I’m translating Hakuoki-related stuff in her twitter, starting from 2012 summer.
(Made by me, Kodomo-no-Luna)
I just thought I could upload some fanarts I drew last year, so here we go…
Yes. Urakata Hakuouki is from the opposite perspective of Shinsengumi.
However, I’m not sure if it’ll actually focus on Choshu side.
Key points in the interview scan Toudou-san provided:
- Hakuoki series is a production focused on Shinsengumi.
- As the title “Urakata” (meaning “inside story”) hints, this time the spotlight is on Joi and Ishin side, which are in an opposite position with Shinsengumi, the main characters of Hakuoki. And we’ll look at the world of Hakuoki from a different point of view.
- After leaving the dojo, the protagonist meets the characters of this game, learns different aspects and points of view, and develop her own accordingly. Like the old saying, “so many men, so many minds.” Since the romanceable characters are all individualistic, through each route it’ll become 4 unique stories.
- Like Hakuouki, this story takes place in Kyoto during Bakumatsu Era.
(What about Choshu Expedition? ><)
- Key factors like Ochimizu and Rasetsu are still there.
- Urakata Hakuoki is an “if” story of Hakuoki.
- Hijikata, as the center of the story, will be deeply involved with the main plot and the protagonist.
“If” story. Ouch! Last time we saw “if” stories for Hakuouki were those alternate
throw real history behindroutes in Bakumatsu Musouroku.
No wonder I see comments like “Otomate call this a new series? What’s the standard of new? I guess “not remake, not fandisk” is new enough for them.” “I’d love to see a game on Joi side unrelated to Hakuouki.”
The director kept emphasizing Shinsengumi is the core of Hakuouki. IMO, Urakata Hakuouki is a spin-off, rather than “brand new” like they advertised.
(And it’s closer to Bakumatsu Musouroku than to Reimeiroku.)
Background story of the protagonist
Since her parents died when she was young, with her older brother, the siblings run the dojo their father left them. However, her peaceful life was shattered by an intruder - a white-haired monster wearing asagiiro haori. To avenge for her brother, who died protecting her, she picked up her sword. Where will her determination lead her in this upheaval era?
I like strong heroine
but I can’t be the only one who think this is so cliche. XD
Experience a new story based on the world setting of Hakuoki
Bakumatsu Era described from the opposite point of view from Hakuoki. Not only Shinsengumi members will make an appearance, there will be tons of elements Hakuoki fans would be happy to see.
Also, about those “Oni” who played an important role in Hakuouki, how will they be portrayed in this story?
From the description I’m afraid the movie this year would become a mixture of this game and the originals.
BTW the production is simply “Otomate” (LOL). I don’t see Producer Fujisawa, the only history otaku of the team, in the list. So I wouldn’t have much expectation on the history part of this game. XD
Random stuff about “Kirishima”.
1. This girl is “nihonzashi” (carrying two swords), which means she must be from samurai family.
2. The place called “Kirishima” is famous for its hot spring. In Bakumatsu Era, after Sakamoto Ryoma was injured in Teradaya Incident, to escape from the pursuers and to cure his injury, he and his wife hid in Kirishima for 26 days. Ryoma even wrote letters to his sister telling her how much they enjoyed this trip. This is said to be the first honeymoon in Japanese history.
1. Takasugi Shinsaku, voiced by Sugita Tomokazu.
2. Katsura Kogoro, voiced by KENN.
3. Okada Izou, voiced by Suzumura Ken’ichi.
4. Thomas Blake Glover, voiced by Sakurai Takahiro.
5. Kirishima Azusa, protagonist.
Shinsengumi members related to each character is shown at the lower right corner. Hijikata is still the center of the story.
Character design & illustration: 狛宮沙代; image visual: Nakajima Atsuko
CAN WE PLEASE STOP EDITING FANART KTHX